Forester Square: A community to call home
Forester Square is planned as a traditional residential neighborhood with its townhomes and single-family homes offering a diverse range of housing types that serve the City’s changing demographics with regard to household size, family composition, age and lifestyle. Planned using timeless principles of community design and architecture, Forester Square is geared to people who yearn for convenience and a sense of community and in their daily lives. The residents of Forester Square will have the ability to walk or bike to visit their neighbors, shop at nearby stores, utilize local services and reach recreational facilities, wilderness trails and the nearby City park. Traditional architectural styles vary throughout Forester Square, including Italianate, English Colonial, Victorian, Greek Revival, Tudor, and “Seyburn” style, a unique architectural style designed from a palette of forms, details, colors and materials found in the City’s municipal complex and named after Wesson Seyburn who originally owned the estate at that location.
The centerpiece of the development is Forester Square itself. The square is situated midway along a formal east-west boulevard which provides highly identifiable access to the City park. This boulevard has been designed as a formal axis that will allow the public to easily identify and access the park from Adams Road. The square as planned is to serve as both a visual focal point and social gathering place for residents of the neighborhood, guests and all citizens of Auburn Hills.
Our community is special to us…it’s the place we call home and the people we call neighbors. We put a lot of work into it every day and get even more out of it as the years go by. Part of the reason living here that makes it rewarding is the way that we take care of our community and the way that our community is managed.
What does that mean for you? It means that your association board, which is comprised of a group of volunteers, is invested in addressing the wants and needs of your community, Forester Square. Association Management Inc. (AMI) your management company, is paid with your association dues, and provides the professional services to take care of your home and your association grounds, which helps to maintain the value of your home and the value of your investment.
Download the Nextdoor phone app. This app is utilized to communicate with your neighbors and keep you up to speed on things happening around the community. After you download the app go to settings then nearby neighborhoods and deselect all neighborhoods except for Forester Square.
Some things you can do on the app:
- Request a baby sitter
- Sell an item from your home
- See the upcoming community parties
- Meet your neighbors
- Ask about a preferred contractor
- Ask a question about the neighborhood
A Message from the president of the Forester Square HOA
Greetings Forester Square Residents!
I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to those of you that I have not yet met. My name is Eric Cionka and I am the new (as of May 2016) president of the Forester Square Home Owners Association. Welcome to our new community website. This website will enable you to:
- View the completed, in process and future community projects
- Input a work orders in a digital form
- View real estate listings in the community
- Announcements about community events
- View financial statements such as the budget and much more
It is the boards hope that you will visit this site often to catch up on messages from the board, social events etc.
The last 6 months have been very busy for the Forester Square HOA. Completing projects and planning new projects to enhance our community. Our board of directors is comprised of people who work in several different industries such as; IT, Health Care, Engineering, Human Resources and Finance. Everyone brings their knowledge and experience to our board meetings. That knowledge and experience and your input and ideas will enable Forster Square to become the community of choice. A few of the projects the HOA has completed this summer include:
- Renovation of our club house inside and out (paint, new lighting, new fitness equipment and new televisions) (Completed)
- New front entryway landscaping on Forester Blvd (Completed)
- New paver patio and sitting wall with plants, trees and flowers by the pond (Completed)
- Lights and landscaping around the mailboxes by the pond (Completed)
- New signage throughout the community (pick up after pets, etc..) (Completed)
- Exciting new Social Committee making it possible for residents to meet and commune with our neighbors (Completed)
Of course it doesn’t stop with this summer’s projects, the board has been planning new projects which will commence next year and beyond. A snapshot of these projects includes:
- Completion of repairing steps to the townhomes along Forester Blvd. and Amy’s walk (Completed)
- Repairing the brick decorative walls along Forester Blvd. and Amy’s walk (March 2018)
- Create a parking plan to help with overcrowding of parking on the street (In progress)
- New street signs around the entire community (Completed)
- Landscaping around the entire community (replace dead plants, bushes, grass, add mulch and decorative rocks) (Completed)
Please be aware that this is just a partial list of plans and happenings please stay tuned for more information as it is available. The Forester Square HOA envisions Forester Square as a community where people have activities together and one that looks out for their neighbor. The HOA and the Social Committee encourage everyone to attend one or all of the community social events. The events are advertised on the sign at the front entrance of the community, events will also be posted on this website under the heading “Announcements.” We look forward to seeing you at a social event soon.
Thank you for your attention and your time.